Need Help?

Resize Text



AHP are dedicated to providing a first class service, however if you are dissatisfied with the service we have provided it is important that you inform us as soon as possible in order for us to resolve any problems you may have experienced.

Who can complain?

Anyone who receives a service from AHP or is affected by AHP’s services can use the complaints procedure.

What can you complain about?

You can complain about any aspect of our service which you are unhappy about, for example:

  • A repair which has not been carried out properly.
  • Information which was asked for but has not been received.
  • A member of staff, a Board member or contractor who has not behaved acceptably.
  • A housing application which has not been handled properly.

Please remember that complaints against neighbours are dealt with as anti-social behaviour and you should report this to your Housing Officer. However, if you have a complaint about how we have dealt with a neighbour dispute then please use this Complaints Procedure.

In the first instance we always recommend that you contact AHP before making a formal complaint to see if the issue can be resolved informally. If you still feel the matter has not been resolved you may lodge a formal complaint.

How do I make a formal complaint?

You can request a copy of our Complaints Form to assist you in providing all the relevant information by contacting us by telephone: 01224 548000 or by e-mailing:

Complaints are best submitted in writing but this is not a necessity.

Replying to your complaint

A formal complaint will be acknowledged within 3 working days of the date we received the complaint. You will then be notified within 10 working days of the outcome of your complaint however it may take longer if the complaint needs further investigation.

If you are not satisfied with the outcome, you can appeal against the decision. Appeals should be addressed to the Chair of the AHP Board asking for the decision to be reviewed. We will confirm receipt of the appeal within 3 working days.

Scottish Public Service Ombudsman

If after following this procedure you are still not satisfied with the response or service you have received then you can contact the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman who deal with complaints relating to housing services. The Scottish Public Services Ombudsman will not normally be able to deal with complaints which have not gone through AHP’s complaints procedure.

Scottish Public Service Ombudsman
4 Melville Street, Edinburgh, EH3 7NS
Tel: 0870 377 7330 Fax: 0870 377 7331

What other help is available?

AHP staff are always available to give advice and assistance. A full copy of AHP’s Complaints Policy is available from our offices. You can get independent advice from your solicitor, your local MSP, a local Councillor or an Advice Agency.